Important Coronavirus information, please scroll down below.
Firstly, I want to express our appreciation for all the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At TEAM, safety is core to our business, entrenched in our Mission and Vision. The safety of our personnel, clients, and the public is always of primary importance to us. Given the fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic, TEAM remains vigilant in monitoring the most up-to-date safety, infection control and cleaning protocols recommended by global experts.
Given the urgency behind ensuring workplaces are as safe as possible, TEAM is re-deploying its workforce to augment existing regimens to help with sanitization and disinfection of industrial and manufacturing facilities as well as transportation vehicles. TEAM personnel are accustomed to working in confined spaces and at heights in settings with hard to access surfaces and complex equipment.
We are actively engaged with our Health & Safety and Operations groups during the evolution of the pandemic, with the goal of responding and adapting quickly as circumstances change.
Though often cited, these tips bear repeating:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds and do so frequently throughout the day. When soap and water aren’t readily available, use sanitizer as a backup.
- As much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- When coughing or sneezing: cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs.
- Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices to keep your immune system strong.
- Follow self-isolation protocols.
COVID-19 SAFETY: “MY SAFETY BEGINS WITH TEAM”
- Working Remotely: Company travel will be avoided for the majority of teams;
- Safety On-Site: Visits to customer facilities will be limited to those deemed absolutely necessary. Employees who must be on-site are applying strict social distancing and hygiene protocols based on guidance from health authorities and our Incident Response TEAM;
- Employee Safety: Where employees have travelled abroad, TEAM Group requires that they follow strict government guidance to self-isolate for 14 days. Where employees have come in contact with people confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19, or display symptoms, they must follow that same strict government guidance;
- Disinfection Protocols: Enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures have been implemented throughout corporate locations and sites, including common areas (high-touch point surfaces, hand sanitizing stations, EPA-approved disinfectants);
- Employee Training: Enhanced management direction and facility signage (using the right protective equipment, proper cleaning protocols and tags for areas that either have been disinfected or decontaminated) are put in place. Reinforcements (including courses, additional training and best practises or toolbox talks) are reviewed on an ongoing basis in order to prevent the spread.
- Our Suppliers: TEAM Group operations are supported by a number of active suppliers. We regularly remain in contact with our suppliers to ensure comparable protocols and practises that they are supporting, in addition to maintaining service levels.
There are many sources of information available and I recommend the following as the most reputable sources of reliable information:
- In Canada: Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- In the US: Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Global: World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
In these unprecedented times, we offer our expertise to your organization – let us know how we can help. Thank you for the trust you place in TEAM Group of Companies.