The company is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We continue to effectively serve customers across North America with the most up-to-date information on research, and infection prevention and control.
In late January, we enacted our Corporate Action Plan. As part of that plan, our Projects Division have a dedicated Incident Response TEAM or Incident Response Task Force on the front line to contain the spread of the virus SARS-CoV-2.
These past months have been marked by the global lockdown and its associated restrictions where customers continue to experience the fluidity of slowdowns, shutdowns, and a resurgence in plans to re-start production.
Due to a surge in demand we have deployed our industrial COVID Decontamination Services as enhanced 24/7 cleaning services to support customers with their own tailored business continuity plan, with a trusted partner.
TEAM Group Has Enacted The Various Measures
- Working remotely: Company travel will be avoided for the majority of teams.
- Safety on-site: Visits to customer facilities will be limited. Employees who must be on-site are applying strict social distancing and hygiene protocols following guidance of the Government of Canada’s lead for COVID-19 Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the United States Government lead for COVID-19 Centre for Disease Control (CDC), and the WHO.
- Employee safety: Where employees have travelled abroad, TEAM Group requires that they follow strict guidance to self-isolate for min. 14 days. Where employees may have come in contact with person(s) confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19 or display symptoms, they must follow that same guidance. Additional resources COVID-19 Information & Resources.
- Infectious response: Enhanced cleaning procedures (disinfection vs. decontamination) have been implemented throughout corporate locations and sites, including common areas (high-touch point surfaces, hand sanitizing stations, EPA-Approved Disinfectants).
- Employee training: Enhanced management direction and facility signage at customer facilities (TEAM kit, tags for areas decontaminated). Our highly trained Incident Response TEAM are experts in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and experienced in specialized and technical cleaning, hazardous waste (HAZWOPER, Pathogens, and Confined Space Entry trained). Reinforcements on COVID-19 related training courses, best practices, and toolbox talks are reviewed on an ongoing basis in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Our suppliers: TEAM Group operations are supported by active suppliers and a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). We regularly remain in contact with our suppliers to ensure comparable protocols and practices that they are supporting, in addition to maintaining service levels.
As circumstances evolve, all of us at TEAM Group are doing everything we can to manage and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the safety of everyone in mind.